Can you no longer trim audio on TikTok?
Once you open the sound library, you can pick music from TikTok's library or use a sound from your favorites. When you select your desired one, you can trim it freely, press on the scissors symbol, and drag the sound wave to adjust when the audio begins and ends.
This is because TikTok doesn't want you to make your videos too short. Tiktok wants you to keep the video length around 15 seconds so that people don't get bored and stop watching. So, if you're ever editing a video on TikTok and you can't find the Adjust Clips option, it's maybe because your video is too short.
This is due to the fact that TikTok doesn't allow you to trim the original audio. Also, if the total length of the selected music (no the highlighted portion) is shorter (say 20 secs) than your video (say 30 secs), it won't allow you to trim the audio.
- Open TikTok on your device and press the '+' icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the 'Upload' option to the right of the record button.
- Select the video you want to upload to TikTok and click 'Next. '
- Use the slider at the bottom of the screen to trim your video.
Click Sounds icon at the bottom left corner of the screen. Then, select music for your video. Step 3. After selecting the desired one, you can trim your sound freely.
Unfortunately, you can't trim the original audio. To do this, you need to trim the audio using an outside tool and create a new sound in TikTok. You're all set! From here you can add effects, filters, stickers, and text to pull your video together.
Open TikTok and press the "+" icon at the bottom of the screen to start recording as usual. When you've done recording, click on the red check button at the bottom of the screen. Then, you'll see the "Adjust Clips" option on the top right of the screen, just click it.
Edit Music in Your TikTok Video
Select Sounds at the bottom of the editing screen. Tap the video clip icon in the Sounds bar and edit one or both of the following. Clip: Drag the sound clip to the place you want to start for your video and tap the checkmark when you finish.
Tap the icon of a pair of scissors.
This icon is on the right side of your screen and you can only use it when the music track you selected is longer than your recorded or uploaded video.
If you want to use a song from your Favorites, tap “Favorites”. Once you've selected your song, click and drag the soundwaves to choose which part of the song you want to play in your video. Once you've landed where you want your Sound to start, tap the checkmark.
How do you edit sound on TikTok?
- Tap +, on the bottom of the screen, to create a video.
- Tap Sounds from the top of the camera screen.
- Discover or search for a specific sound using the search bar.
- Tap Play to preview the sound or Bookmark to save the sound.
- Select Check to add the sound to your video.
- Use the + at the bottom of the main TikTok screen to record a new video.
- Press Record and do your thing.
- Press V to go to the next page.
- In this screen, add filters, voiceover, or voice effects to your heart's desire. ...
- Tap Next.
- Open the TikTok app. ...
- Tap the red record button and film your content. ...
- When you're finished recording, tap the red check mark.
- If you want, add a voiceover in the Edit screen by tapping the down arrow on the side menu, then Audio editing. ...
- Tap Next.
- Tap Post to upload your TikTok.
- Tap “+” and upload your video as normal. Tap “Next” when you're happy.
- Select “Sounds” in the bottom left corner.
- Browse the sound library and playlists, tap your preferred sound, and select “✔”