Who is the most paid rapper in 2022?
On Friday, October 28, former Forbes entertainment editor Zack O'Malley Greenburg released his new list of the Wealthiest Hip-Hop Artists of 2022. In his list, he calculates the top five highest-earning rappers in the game right now. JAY-Z still reigns at the top of the list but his net worth increased to $1.5 billion.
- Snoop Dogg's Net worth: $150 Million.
- Lil Wayne's Net Worth: $160 Million.
- Ice Cube's Net Worth: $160 Million.
- Ronald 'Slim' Williams' Net Worth: $170 Million.
- Drake's Net Worth: 180 million.
- Pharrell William's Net Worth: 200 million.
- Master P's Net Worth: $200 Million.
Jay-Z was the first rapper to cross the billion-dollar net worth mark, and he was the richest rapper in the world up until April 2020, when Kanye took the #1 spot. As of January 2023, Jay-Z's net worth is roughly $1.3 billion.
#1 Jay-Z. Jay-Z, born Shawn Carter, hails from NYC, a fact he raps about consistently over the course of his nearly three-decade career. He quickly rose to fame in the mid-1990s when he released his debut studio album, Reasonable Doubt, from his own record label Roc-A-Fella Records.
This may come as a bit of a surprise, but Bruce Springsteen made it to the top of Forbes' list of highest-earning musicians in 2021 at an incredible $435 million.
Hailed as one of the best rappers ever – Marshall Bruce Mathers III, aka Eminem and “Kind of Hip Hop”, is THE best selling solo rapper of all time, and one of the largest selling musicians of the century. Eminem's LP “The Marshall Mathers” sold almost 11 million copies in the USA alone.
|3||Dr. Dre||$550 Million|
|4||Kanye West (Ye)||$500 Million|
- Kanye West. Units sold: 140 million. ...
- Jay-Z. Units sold: 125 million. ...
- Lil Wayne. Units sold: 110 million. ...
- Nicki Minaj. Units sold: 106 million. ...
- Flo Rida. Units sold: 102 million. ...
- 2pac. Units sold: 75 million. ...
- Snoop Dogg. Units sold: 40 million. ...
- DMX. Units sold: 34 million.
"Midnights" by Taylor Swift
It's already the biggest debut sales week of her career, surpassing "1989." Swift is the only artist in history to have five different albums with million-selling weeks. Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, and Eminem trail with two apiece.
Jay Z – 125 million units sold. 5. Lil Wayne – 110 million units sold. 6.
What rapper sold the most albums in 2022?
Conversation. 2022 1st Week Sales Tiers 250k+ - Kendrick Lamar 150-250k - Gunna | Drake | Future 100-150k - Jack Harlow | Lil Durk 50-100k - Pusha T | King Von | Kodak | YB 30-50k - Dreamville | Yeat | Yo Gotti 20-30k - Fivio | Latto | Cordae | Benny | NLE Choppa |42 Dugg & Est Gee Ws & Ls?
To go along with his second No. 1 album, DS4Ever is also the highest-selling album of 2022. According to a tweet from Hip Hop By The Numbers, Gunna's DS4Ever sold 863k units. Lil Durk came in second with 7220, moving 693k units and Future came in third with his latest release, I Never Liked You.
Kanye was reported to be worth $1.3B and Kim worth a staggering $1.8B. However, Kanye's wealth has plummeted in the wake of vile antisemitic comments the rapper has made - and continues to make - which have resulted in brands, such as Adidas, Gap, CAA and Balenciaga, cutting ties with him.
- Rihanna is the richest musician with a whopping net worth of $1.7 billion. ...
- Known as co-lead vocalist, co-songwriter and bassist for one of the most popular bands, the Beatles, Sir James Paul McCartney is the fourth richest musicians in the world in 2022.